Awards, Activities & Appointments
- Primary Care Alternate Representative to the AMA Relative Value Unit Update Committee(RUC), voting seat, June 2016–present
- American Academy of Pediatrics,"Implementation of ICD-10", Webinar, Dec 2013.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section of Administration and Practice Management, Elected National Executive Board, October 2011-present; RVU chair, October 2009–2011
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Webinar, "Dealing with Carrier Repayments and Takeback Demands", August 2011.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Practical Pediatrics, Vail, Colorado, "Top 10 Ways to Increase your Revenue", "AAP Vaccine Financing Strategies and Resources, January 2011.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, National Conference and Exhibition, :contracts and Negotiations", San Francisco, October 2010.
- Pediatric Gurus, Goryeb Children's Hospital, Skytop, PA."Top 10 Ways to Increase your Revenue" and "AAP Vaccine financing Strategies and Resources for Physicians", June 2010.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, National Conference and Exhibition, Washington, D.C., "Starting in Practice, The Early Years", October 2009.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Automated Identification of Vaccine Products Work GRoup, Co-Chair, successful US implementation of vaccine bar codes with GS1US and all vaccine manufacturers, Elk F=grove Village, IL, January 2009.
- Texas ImmunizationSummit, "AAP Vaccine Financing Strategies and Resources for Physicians", November 2008, Austin, TX.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, National Conference &Exhibition, "What in the World is an EOB and Why Should I Care?", "Personal Finance 101", "Adding Value to Pediatric Practice", Boston, MA, October 2008.
- National Business Group on Health, Investing in Maternal and Child Health: An Employer's Toolkit, Reviewer and Contributor, 2007.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, National Convention & Exhibition, "What in the World is an EOB and Why Should I Care?", "Personal Finance 101", and "Show Me the Money - Contracts and Negotiations", San Francisco, CA, October 2007.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatric Care Online Editorial Advisory Board, Elk Grove Village, IL, June 2007-13.
- AMA/Immunization Congress Public/Private Costs of Immunizations Task Force , co-Chaor, representing the AAP, May 2007.
- National Quality Forum, Pediatric Panel Presentation, representing the AAP, "Primary Care Pediatrics and Quality Measurement…the measurement conundrum", Chicago, MAY 2007.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Private Payer Advocacy Advisory Committee, Elk Grove Village, IL, 2004-10.
Private Practice, Topeka, Kansas, July 1997–present
President/CEO, Topeka’s only NCQA Certified Level 3 Medical Home
- Established Topeka Pediatrics, PA, July 2001
- Starting from the ground up, grew this practice to 3000 families
Kids First Pediatric Urgent Care, President/CEO, Dec 2013–present
- Topeka’s only pediatric urgent care
- Increasing the level of care for all the children in our community
National Discount Vaccine Alliance, Inc, President/CEO, Oct 2008–present
- National vaccine purchasing group; Sanofi Pasteur and Merck contracts, business consulting and contracting, discounted office and medical supplies
- Motivated by the ever-increasing costs of overhead in private practice, developed and fostered relationships and contracting opportunities to afford even the smallest practices the same discounts as their larger counterparts
"It is a privilege to take care of the children in this community and to work so closely with so many families."
-Dr. Kathleen Cain
- University of Kansas School of Medicine at Wichita, Department of Pediatrics, Wichita, Kansas, PL-3 year, July 1996–July 1997
- Children’s Memorial Medical Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, PL-1 and PL-2 years, June 1994–June 1996
- Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, Doctor of Medicine, Aug 1990–June 1994
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Microbiology; Graduate of the Honors Program in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 1986- 1989
Licensure and Board Certification
- State of Kansas, Board of Healing Arts, Certificate Number 04-26358
- Diplomat, American Board of Pediatrics, October 1997 Recertification December 2004, 2014
- Shawnee County Medical Society and Kansas Medical Society Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics; American Academy of Pediatrics, Kansas Chapter
- Stormont-Vail Regional Medical Center, Membership staff
- St. Francis Health Center, Membership staff
Are the initials important? We think they are. Dr. Cain is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (F.A.A.P.). Born and raised in Topeka, Dr. Cain loves and cares for the children of our community.